We have a vision larger than the ocean: to be a true integrator of container logistics connecting and simplifying our customers’ supply chain. We count on our people to make it happen.
At Maersk, we're not afraid to drive change or reinvent ourselves. As a result of this, our Global Service Center (GSC) in Asia has partnered with Americas region to create a new GSC hub in the Americas based in Mexico City, Mexico and a dedicated GSC satellite center in Santos, Brazil.
These new locations are designed to enhance our customer experience by being even closer to them, facilitating multi-lingual and scalable talent availability, enable standardization of processes all while supporting our customers’ growing needs.
We offer you exciting career opportunities with an international reach to further expand your experience through our diversity-focused and award-winning talent development initiatives.
Energizing and pioneering, this is also an environment that keeps you motivated. You’ll be joining a values-led, genuinely diverse, and talented team that is passionate about being there for employees, and for each other. We strive to deliver the right environment for the right people while fostering a culture of fairness, mutual respect, responsibility, and care for our business and our customers.
We have a competitive compensation and benefits package for full-time employees. Our talent policies are recognized worldwide as one of the best in the industry and we continue to look for new ways to invest in our people through ongoing personal and professional development initiatives.
We value the diversity of our talent and will always strive to recruit the best person for the job. We’re proud of that and we see it as a genuine source of strength for building high-performing teams.
GSC Customer Service
The colleague will contribute to great customer experience by fostering positive customer interactions, identifying customer issues, providing solutions, and conversing in a polite and professional manner. This is a great position for the individual who enjoys working in a collaborative team environment, corresponding by both phone and email, can ask probing questions to determine true issues, and has a talent for investigating complex problems. The ideal candidate will find satisfaction in tracking down the information needed to answer questions and resolve customer issues swiftly. This position is especially suited for the individual who prefers a varied and challenging work environment. Applicant must have the ability and desire to become well-versed in the utilization of various databases, policies and procedures.
Customer Service North America positions Responsibilities and Requirements
*US and Canada clients
- Own and manage the end-to-end customer experience in compliance with company procedures.
- Take ownership of customer issues and facilitate the timely and effective resolution by engaging relevant stakeholders (internal/external) to achieve customer satisfaction.
- Assist customers through direct contact with, but not limited to, the following:
- Import Demurrage, Import Detention and/or Rail Storage inquiries, payment procedures and processing.
- Utilize various internal and external systems to ensure the release of cargo is handled within established timeframes.
- Researching, interpreting and applying service contact free time terms as required.
- Work within Salesforce/Case Management to address shipment related issues/inquiries through frequent/timely communication to full resolution as per agreed SLA.
- Understand and be familiar with KPIs/procedures/objectives and act in line with set targets.
- Drive continuous improvement as part of our Lean Operating Model to reduce waste and drive efficiencies across our processes.
- Monitor agreed service levels, identify root cause when targets are not met, and advise management of potential service failures and/or trends.
- Consistently demonstrate in a manner loyal to the A.P. Moller – Maersk Group Core Values and Character.
- English Level C1, required
- High School Diploma or equivalent required (Bachelor’s degree preferred)
- At least 2 years equivalent experience in the transportation industry preferred
- Minimum 2 years customer service experience required – Import & Export knowledge a plus
- Customer Service experience and/or direct call handling experience
- Customer facing experience a plus
- Able to work shifts M-F between 8 AM – 8 PM EST (understanding your schedule might change along with the client's schedule)
Customer Service Latin America positions Responsibilities and Requirements
*Latin America clients
- Owns and manages the customer experience. Has responsibility for end-to-end customer experience within the assigned scope, in compliance with relevant company procedures and agreements with customers.
- Manages end-to-end shipment process, in compliance
with relevant company procedures and agreements with customer
- Owns all customer issues and facilitates their timely and
effective resolution by engaging relevant internal stakeholders
- Handles inbound customer queries and cases in a timely and professional manner, owning issues through to resolution.
- Identifies the root cause when issues arise and advise management of potential service failures and/or trends.
- Drives continuous improvement opportunities and opportunities to lower costs.
- Proven experience in the transportation/customer service industry.
- Proficient with MS Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams).
- Ability to multi-task and a strong sense of urgency.
- Customer-centricity and service-oriented.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (verbal, written, and presentation).
- English B2, required
- Conflict resolution, strong problem-solving, and persuasion skills
You have been reading so far, we’re glad to see you are interested!
Use your skills to make a difference and join a global leader as we embark on an industry-defining digital transformation that will revolutionize trade! Apply now!
Learn more about us
A.P. Moller-Maersk is an integrated logistics company working to connect and simplify our customers' supply chains. As the world leader in transportation services, we operate in 130 countries and employ around 70,000 people. Learn more about us at: https://www.maersk.com
Maersk is committed to equal employment opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regards to race, color, gender, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
A.P. Moller - Maersk is an integrated logistics company. We go all the way to connect and simplify global trade for a growing world.